Below is a step-by-step plaster casting instruction guide for PAL’s prescription Platinum Ankle Braces, Platinum Ankle Gauntlets and/or prescription Element78 AFOs.
* Use four 30″ plaster strips.
* Cast as traditional slipper cast.
* Hold at neutral.
* Make stirrup out of plaster.
* Wrap around plantar surface and up the medial and lateral sides of the calf
* Hold and massage together.
* Apply a strip of plaster folded in half to reinforce the cast from the heel cup up the back of the leg.
* Hold around the malleoli, keeping the foot and ankle in neutral position.
* Mark the medial and lateral malleoli.
* Mark the 1st and 5th metatarsals.
* Peel off cast starting at calf and then the foot.